Saturday, March 28, 2009

Spring Has Sprung Cupcakes

Yes, Spring has sprung here in the mid-west and the creative minds at Decadent Dreams Bakery have been working over time baking up sugary, yummy goodies to celebrate the newness of the season. Contrary to what you may believe with my lack of posting, we have been extremely busy in the kitchen, however, everything we've created has been sold and shipped immediately out the door. Fantastic for our new business, not so great for food blogging or little ones who have begun begging their Mom to bake treats that actually remain in the house for them to enjoy. :)
Yesterday, the kids were blissfully happy to have begun their spring break and Sarah and I had previously promised my girls that we would spend the day playing in the kitchen and working on some adorable cupcakes. We've been patiently waiting for the perfect opportunity to work with fondant and FINALLY had the entire day to play, play, play! Seriously, we were as giddy as two little girls in a candy shop when we started coloring the fondant. :)
Our little Sous Chef Mo (my 11-year old daughter) also doubled as our photographer capturing our day of fun on "film". Sarah is working with the pink flowers and I was rolling out the pastel blue to begin cutting flowers.
Here are all 90+ flowers cut and waiting to be placed on the tops of the cupcakes. Aren't they absolutely adorable!
This was my favorite part of our day...watching my baby delicately placing her flowers on her cupcake. She was so precise in where her flowers went and I loved watching her little fingers at work. You can see that Sous Chef Mo was not only busy with the camera but she also took time to mentor her baby sister with the art of fondant. An amazing day in the kitchen with my daughters, sharing tons of laughs with my friend/partner, more beautiful baked goods to offer for our bakery and memories that will last a lifetime. All add up to such a successful day!

If you're wondering...yes, the cute little cupcakes remained at home for my precious little ones to savor and enjoy!

Thanks for allowing me to share with you our latest fun creation! I hope you've enjoyed my recap of our day! Coming up in my next post; I'll be sharing with you the delicious dinner that Sous Chef Mo prepared all on her own as Sarah and I put the final touches on our cupcakes. I'm SO proud!!

4 comments:

Donna-FFW said...

These look absolutely gorgeous!! I saw them on delectable dinings blog and had to tell you also!

Elyse said...

Happy Spring Break! Looks like your playing with fondant was super successful. These decorated cupcakes are just precious! So glad to hear that you've been baking and shipping and that business is good!

Pamela said...

So pretty! Looks like everyone had a good time!

Rachel said...

You guys look busy, busy, busy!!! The cupcakes are adorable!