Sunday, May 17, 2009

Chocolate and Toffee Chip Cookies

Friday night was our kids' piano recital with a small reception following. All the parents are asked to bring cookies to contribute to the reception, well...Friday got away from me (hubby is now home on Fridays and my daily "routine" doesn't exist) and before I knew it, it was 3:00 and I had no idea what I was going to bake for my contribution. Procrastination...No...I just work better under pressure. (That said for my hubby's sake)

I decided to bake my stand-by chocolate chip cookie recipe but threw in a cup of Heath toffee chips to change it up a bit. Me-oh-my....Fabulous! Everyone loved the addition of the toffee. In fact, Marty has commented several times that these are the best cookies I've made-but he's easy to please. :-)


I know this probably isn't exactly a "blog-worthy" recipe, but when you have a simple success with something, don't you want to share it?? I do!

Oh-by the way-I must say how proud I was of how well ALL the kids performed at the recital! We are blessed to have a wonderful piano teacher who shares her passion for music with her students. It was clear to all in attendance that her students share her love of music and that they had worked very hard on their recital pieces. Great job and congratulations to everyone and a huge "THANK YOU" to Miss Shelley for your love, time and dedication in teaching these fabulous kids. We love you!

From the heart of my kitchen to yours may your experience be fun and the food always flavorful. Enjoy!

Chocolate and Toffee Chip Cookies

3/4 cup Butter Flavored Crisco
1 1/4 cup Packed brown sugar
2 Tablespoons milk
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
1 Egg
1 3/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup mini chocolate chips
1 cup toffee chips

Heat oven to 375 degrees.

Mix dry ingredients and set aside.

Combine Crisco, brown sugar, milk and vanilla extract. Beat at medium speed. Add egg.

Mix dry ingredients into creamed mixture just until blended.

Stir in both chips.

Drop by teaspoonfuls onto baking sheet.

Bake for 8-10 minutes.

Source: Crisco

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great idea! I have some toffee chips in my pantry and wasn't sure what to make with them. This is an easy thing to bake that I'm sure tastes great.

Heidi said...

Those cookies look SO good! They're blog-worthy all right because you've completely inspired me to buy the toffee chips just so I can try them out. I can't wait til grocery day!!

Megan said...

I love toffee chips and this cookie would hit the spot. I must get more toffee bits!

Unknown said...

Great pictures! Those look so delicious!

Rachel said...

Yum! I love anything with toffee! I made some cookies not too long ago with toffee bits and they were delicious...I bet they'd be even better with chocolate chips thrown into the mix! I need to get to the grocery store in the next day or two, so this might be a "project" for Jake and I!

Pamela said...

I think ANY recipe is blog worthy! Post 'em all...especially the cookie recipes!! Keep up the good work. :o)

Elyse said...

This is so funny, Christy: I just made chocolate chip toffee cookies myself. There's something about the addition of the toffee that makes the cookies super special. Yours look absolutely fabulous, and I'm sure everyone at the recital enjoyed them :) Sorry that I’ve been an absent commenter; I just finished up my law school exams and am finally getting around to my google reader.

teresa said...

I LOVE cookies, and your turned out so pretty! Great job!

gluten free pammy said...

these look yummy, I am going to make them this week, stop by & check out my giveaway!

Nicki said...

ooooohhhh, these look SOOOO good!! Thanks for stopping by my blog on my SITS day!! Love your blog!!!

Kim said...

OK I have to absolve myself... My boyfriend makes these for me... and he tops them off with melted choc chips with Heath pieces as the icing.

I call them my "PMS cookies"...

Ingrid_3Bs said...

Brillant idea adding toffee chips. I love 'em.

I work better under pressure too! :)
~ingrid

said...

Those cookies look like cookies dreams are made of. :o)

Welcome to the SITS community!

♥Rosie♥ said...

Oooooh what a great idea to add toffee chips to these cookies. They really look delish!

Creative Classroom Core said...

Such a great ingredient combo - thanks for such a great idea!

Jackie said...

Hi

Have you ever made these cookies with regular butter instead of crisco.