Thursday, June 18, 2009

Cinnamon Waffles

My kids absolutely love to wake up to the smell of fresh waffles on the griddle. I believe that if I gave them their way, I would be preparing a batch every morning. Knowing this, my wonderful husband gave me a restaurant quality waffle iron for Christmas that I absolutely LOVE and it makes baking waffles so much fun! Ulterior motive?? Maybe!

The other morning the breakfast fixins' were pretty slim (I had neglected to make it to the store) and I knew that I would have my hands full with grumpy kiddos if I didn't figure out breakfast quick. I rapidly searched All Recipes for a waffle recipe with ingredients I had on hand. I liked this particular recipe because the batter will keep in the fridge for up to a week!

These were light and fluffy and absolutely wonderful!! They had just the perfect hint of cinnamon flavor and I'm thinking I just might add a touch of nutmeg to them next time too. I can't wait to prepare these again and serve with some fresh fruit Yummo!

From the heart of my kitchen to yours, may your experience be fun and the food always flavorful. Enjoy!


Cinnamon Waffles

2 eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 3/4 cups milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons white sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon


Preheat waffle iron. Beat eggs in large bowl with hand beater until fluffy. Beat in flour, milk, vegetable oil, sugar, baking powder, salt and vanilla, just until smooth.

Spray preheated waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Pour mix onto hot waffle iron. Cook until golden brown. Serve hot.

This batter can be stored in the fridge, covered, for up to a week. Whisk well before using again.

Source: All Recipes

22 comments:

MaRiN said...

Oooo, yum! I think I make these for Father's Day breakfast!

Rachel said...

I haven't made waffles in quite some time--I am excited to try these!! Like Marin mention, these would be perfect for Father's Day!!!

Grand Pooba said...

Oh no you di'nt! I absolutely love waffles! And adding cinnamon sounds even more delish!

Coleens Recipes said...

With cinnamon and vanilla in your batter, this is like a big breakfast cookie! How tasty is that?

Delectable Dining said...

These sound great! We might jump on the bandwagon and make them for Father's Day, also!

Creative Classroom Core said...

Ive been hunting for good breakfast foods. This looks like a really good recipe! You can never go wrong with cinnamon in my book!

Healthy Beach Bum said...

those waffles look better than Waffle House's!!! mmm :)

Lyndas recipe box said...

These look addictive- I know my family will love these!

CaSaundraLeigh said...

I so need to get a waffle maker stat!

♥Rosie♥ said...

Ooooh I have serious drooling going on here for those scrumptious waffles!!

Teresa Cordero Cordell said...

Christy, I love waffles. I love them for not only breakfast, but for dinner too. I bet your kids were happy.

Maddy said...

mmm those waffles look so freaking good! i cant tell you the last time i had a fresh waffle =)

Shelby said...

I don't mind ulterior motives for gifts as long as they don't involve house CLEANING.

Barbara Bakes said...

I've made cinnamon pancakes before, but never waffles. Sounds great!

Ingrid_3Bs said...

LOL, gotta love those "double" gifts! :)

What time's breakfast? I'll be over for waffles.

Btw, yes, definitely add some nutmeg....sounds good!
~ingrid

Unknown said...

Ooooh! These look super scrumptious! I am going to try them out.

Cathy said...

Hi Christy - Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my blog. I'm very happy to have found you too.

You've inspired me to get my waffle iron out of the cupboard and fire it up. Your cinnamon waffles look heavenly.

Unknown said...

Just stopping by from SITS! LOVE your blog. I love to cook and try new recipes. I know I will be back again soon to visit!

Ingrid_3Bs said...

Christy, everything okay? Hope so! You haven't posted in a while....just wanted to make certain that it was just a busy summer keeping you away!
Take care!
~ingrid

Ingrid_3Bs said...

Hey, Christy, no problem. Just wanted to make certain all was well.

Your son plays travel ball? Cooool my twin boys do as well. What age group? Last spring mine played 13:U but are actually only 12:U. What's your team name? We're the Central Florida Sting though they have been filling in this summer on the Florida Fire.

Happy Friday!
~ingrid

Lyndas recipe box said...

These sound so good with cinnamon!I may make these for Sat. breakfast and also give the recipe to my DIL- thanks for sharing this!

Unknown said...

I think it's time I bought a waffle iron...