Tuesday, October 21, 2008

TWD-Pumpkin Muffins

This week's Tuesday's with Dorie recipe is Pumpkin Muffins and was chosen by Kelly from Sounding My Barbaric Gulp! What a great recipe to enjoy this time of year. I adapted the recipe, once again, to please the palates of my family. Why go through the time and effort of baking if it's not going to be enjoyed by your loved ones, right? Dorie's recipe called for raisins to be folded into the batter and also to sprinkle sunflower seeds on the tops of the muffins prior to baking. I knew my kids wouldn't come near the muffins if they saw seeds on top, so I added mini chocolate chips in the batter and placed regular sized chips on top. I can't seem to move past the wonderful combination of pumpkin and chocolate. O.k....you got me.....I like to add chocolate to nearly anything and everything that I bake and this gave me another opportunity to indulge in my craving. There, I feel better admitting my weakness.

The muffin batter was incredibly simple to mix together and took very little time. This would be a great muffin to whip up on a chilly winter-y morning for your family. I think the next time I make these I'll add a little more cinnamon and maybe some pumpkin pie spice. I like to really taste the pumpkin flavoring in my cookies and muffins.

As I write this post, the kids are beginning to devour the muffins. So, this is another Tuesday's with Dorie success. Thank you Kelly for choosing this great recipe!

Source: Baking From My Home to Yours by Dorie Greenspan


2 comments:

Sarah said...

These look too pretty to eat! I don't blame you for substituting the chocolate. I think I'd have to do the same!

Bungalow Barbara said...

Those look lovely -- chocolate, yum, yum!