Tuesday, January 6, 2009

TWD - French Pear Tart

This week's TWD selection was chosen by Dorie herself. How awesome is that? I was thrilled when I read that we would be making a French Tart. Tarts have been on my "to do" list for awhile now, and this pushed me to try one sooner rather than later. I'm pleased how the tart tasted, but not real happy about the presentation. Next time I'll play with how the pears are to be cut and fanned to make the tart a little prettier, but right now I'm just going to savor the wonderful sweet taste of my first French Tart. Thanks Dorie for your selection, I had a wonderful time expanding my culinary biography.

Source: Baking From My Home To Yours: Dorie Greenspan

7 comments:

Kaitlin said...

Your tart is beautiful! I bet it was delicious!

Leslie said...

I think your tart looks great! Personally, I Think good taste trumps beautiful presentation any day. Maybe that's because my stuff is pretty homely!

Cooking for Comfort by Jennifer said...

Beautiful job! This was a collective keeper by everyone!

Pamela said...

It looks pretty good to me! I skipped this week...silly me! Everyone is raving about it, that's for sure.

Jules Someone said...

This looks lovely!

Danielle said...

your tart looks great, good job.
This recipe is a keeper for me. I am going to try it with apples next time.

Jacque said...

Oooh, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I think it looks fantastic... there's probably no wrong way to do it.