Thursday, February 19, 2009

Savory Salmon Cakes

Do you wonder if you'll ever get your children to eat any fish besides the gross, frozen fish sticks? Are you looking for a quick, economical meal to prepare for you family? If so, I have the perfect recipe for you!

Salmon cakes have been a favorite of mine since childhood. I remember my brother and I smothering these little patties with ketchup, but we ate what was on our plate so Mom and Dad never said a word. As I've prepared these over the years for my family, I've tried adding and omitting many ingredients to perfect this to please our entire family. I have finally come up with an ingredient list that satisfies all my little picky palates and still has the texture and delicious taste that I'm looking for as an adult. These are great served alongside a fresh, crispy salad and steamed vegetables. They're even wonderful heated up the next day for lunch!

From the heart of my kitchen to yours, may your experience be fun and the food always flavorful. Enjoy!


Savory Salmon Cakes

1 - 14.75 oz. can Alaskan Salmon
1/2 cup Italian Bread Crumbs
2 eggs
2 - 3 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
1/4 cup chopped green onion
2 - 3 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
Salt & Pepper to taste


Additional Bread Crumbs to roll patties in
Choice of oil to brown patties


Warm 2 - 4 Tablespoons oil in frying pan on medium-low. Mix all ingredients together. Form mixture into patties (I use 1/4 cup measuring cup to form equal sized patties). Roll patties in bread crumbs and brown equally on both sides (4 - 5 minutes per side).

Source: Mom

1 comment:

A said...

Hmmm. That looks really good. I have to admit I've only had salmon once or twice but these look wonderful.