Saturday, February 28, 2009

Triple- Chocolate Quick Bread

That's right, you read it correctly; Triple Chocolate Bread. This is the last of the bread/muffin recipes that I've prepared for my family this week. For some chocolate is something that is enjoyed as a snack, for others (insert our family here) it can be enjoyed in the morning as part of breakfast. Not so healthy, not recommended by many, but greatly enjoyed just the same. :)

The kids flipped over this bread and I have to admit it took all my will power to not sit and devour both loaves. If you're having a serious chocolate craving this will satisfy your soul! Every moist bite of bread is full of mini chocolate chips and it's all topped with a delectable glaze made from more chocolate chips and cream. Mmm-divine!!

From the heart of my kitchen to yours, may your experience be fun and the food always flavorful. Enjoy!

Triple- Chocolate Quick Bread

1-1/2 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
1/2 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1-1/2 cups applesauce
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt

Glaze

1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
1 tablespoon butter
2 to 3 tablespoons half-and-half cream
1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch salt


1. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt 1 cup chocolate chips; set aside. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and melted chocolate; mix well. Add the applesauce and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the remaining chocolate chips.

2. Spoon in four greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans. (I used two 9-in. x 5-in. pans and baked for approximately 60 minutes) Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.

3. For glaze, melt chocolate chips and butter in a small heavy saucepan; stir in cream. Remove from the heat. Stir in the cream. Remove from the heat. Stir in the confectioner's sugar, vanilla and salt. Drizzle over warm bread. Cool completely.

Source: The Taste of Home Baking Book

8 comments:

HoneyB said...

Looks SOOO good! Lovin the green :)

Calm In The Kitchen said...

You had me with the title. Chocolate, Quick, and Bread. Three of my favorite things in the kitchen!

Barbara Bakes said...

Oh my! This looks like a must try recipe!

RecipeGirl said...

I'm so glad to find this recipe. During the holidays I always make quick breads as gifts for neighbors. This one looks like a great addition to my collection! Thanks :)

Elyse said...

You had me at "triple chocolate." This bread not only sounds amazing, but those pictures are making my mouth water. I can't wait to satisfy my sweet tooth with this one!

Donna-FFW said...

This bread looks awesome. I love quick breads and a triple chocolate one.. delicious!! I have got to try it.

Amber said...

PRINT!!!! I just printed this..I hope I have enough energy to make it tonight. Chocolate bread..I didn't even know such a thing existed!

disa said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,a片,AV女優,聊天室,情色