Monday, November 17, 2008

Land of Nod Cinnamon Rolls

I am always looking for new, fun and creative recipes to fix my family for weekend breakfasts. Our weekday mornings are so chaotic getting ready for school that I'm lucky to prepare boxed muffins for the kids, more often than not, they have a bowl of cereal. So, on the weekends, I love to bake something scrumptious and delicious that will put smiles on all their adorable faces.


These cinnamon rolls are so easy to fix due to the use of frozen rolls. You prepare this before bedtime and leave on the counter overnight for the rolls to rise and the next morning you simply bake for 25 minutes and then savor the taste of fresh, homemade cinnamon rolls! Oh, my....these were wonderful! The six of us devoured the entire pan, not a morsel was left on the platter...not even for a mouse. (Sorry, I'm getting into the Christmas spirit a little early. I even have Christmas music playing while I type this!) Marty said that it was the best cinnamon rolls I've ever made for breakfast. Who cares that it was made with frozen rolls, I love to please my family! The original recipe didn't call for any glaze, but a cinnamon roll isn't a cinnamon roll without icing!! I just mixed up confectioners sugar with some milk and vanilla and poured over the warm rolls. D-E-L-I-S-H!!

Land of Nod Cinnamon Rolls

20 frozen dough rolls
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 box butterscotch pudding
2 teaspoons cinnamon
3/4 cup raisins (I omitted)
1/2 cup butter, melted

Grease a 10-inch Bundt pan. Add frozen rolls; sprinkle with brown sugar, pudding powder, cinnamon and raisins. Pour melted butter over all. Cover with clean, damp cloth (cheesecloth works best). Leave on counter overnight. Bake at 325 degrees for 25 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes, then turn out onto a platter. Serves 10.

Source: adapted from The Joy of Hospitality Cookbook

5 comments:

Teresa Cordero Cordell said...

Hot cinnamon rolls and a big pot of coffee for breakfast. Doesn't get much better than that. Great and easy recipe. Thanks Christy. I love it.

Sarah said...

These look so good! They are definitely on my 'must make' list! I don't imagine they would last very long in my house, either!

Mandy said...

What a FANTASTIC idea. THANKS for the post I will have to try this in December.

Christy said...

Teresa & Mandy..thanks for the positive feedback! You'll love this recipe, I just made it again for this morning's breakfast. The kids have been begging all week for it. :-)

Christy said...

Sarah..I can't wait until you can cook up a storm in your beautiful kitchen. Patience, my friend.