Tuesday, November 25, 2008

TWD - Thanksgiving Twofer Pie

This week's TWD selection is Thanksgiving Twofer Pie chosen by Vibi of La Casserole Carree. Although Vibi is not celebrating our traditional American holiday, she chose this for all of us English speaking neighbors to enjoy and savor for our special day. Thank you Vibi, that was extremely thoughtful!

I have to apologize that I don't have any pictures to share with you for today's post, but my camera must be experiencing the same kind of week as it's owner and has decided to stop functioning properly....wish I could do the same. :) I plan to serve this pie on Thanksgiving day as one of our desserts and Mom and Dad always bring a camera to capture the kids, so I plan to take a photo of this pie prior to serving it. Look for an update this weekend.

Now to the actual process of preparation. This was a very simple two layer pie to assemble and was literally ready to pop in the oven in no time. I love recipes that are like this! It also combines two of my favorite pies; pumpkin and pecan. Mmmmm, I can't wait to taste a piece of this!!

Again, thank you Vibi for this selection, I'm sure it's going to be a huge hit on Thursday!!

Source: Baking From My Home to Yours with Dorie Greenspan

3 comments:

Pamela said...

Hope you enjoy the pie! Happy Thanksgiving.

Sarah said...

Sorry to hear about your technical issues! :( What a cap on the week! I hope you and your family enjoy the pie and have a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving!

vibi said...

Thank you so very much Christy, for participating with me this week!
I'm sorry we can't see the results of your success but still, hope that like you say... they will enjoy it!
A very happy Thanksgiving toyou and your family!